6th Annual Gull Lake Adventure Race: Sept. 29-30, 2017
The race will be held at Gull Lake Centre. For more information about the facilities and programs visit www.gulllakecentre.ca. Racers will sleep at the camp in cabins Friday night and all food will be provided.
If you have any questions please contact Steve Roadhouse at email@example.com or 403-782-2495.
- The race is completed by teams of four.
- It is made up of three rounds:
- Cross Country Single Track Cycling
- Head to Head Team Challenges
- Additional challenges are scattered throughout all three rounds of the races. Challenges can include, but are not limited to:
- Wall Climbing
- Challenge Courses (balance beam, net crossings)
- Mental Challenges
- Each section is worth points that will accumulate throughout the race.
- Prizes are awarded to the team with the most points.
Each person is required to fundraise a minimum of $250 ($1000 per team). There are bonus points for additional fundraising. 1 bonus point for each additional $200 raised per team to a max of 5 points ($1000). If a team raises a total of $3000 ($1000 covers registration, $1000 gets the bonus points, plus $1000 more) then they will recieve an advantage during the race. Charitable receipts will be issued at the end of the year for all donations over $20. Click here for a pledge sheet.
Where Does the Money Go?
The money goes to the LTD Program. The LTD program costs $190,000 annually to operate. Our goal is to raise $30,000 through this race to subsidize the cost to the students and make the program accessible to all. Our sponsors cover the cost of putting on the event, so all money raised goes directly to the LTD program.
Friday, September 30
The event will begin at 7:30 PM with registration. Friday evening will consist of a briefing about the race, a crash course in orienteering, snacks, getting to know the other teams, fun, and a few surprises to keep you on your toes (this is part of the adventure).
Saturday, October 1
Saturday will begin bright and early with breakfast and then the race will begin. At the completion of the race there will be a celebratory dinner. The food will be plentiful and delicious and there will be a dress up theme. Everything will be finished by 7:30 PM that evening.
What You Will Need
- A bike suitable for cross country cycling
- A bike helmet
- Weather appropriate gear (including footwear)
- A compass
- A water bottle
- A backpack (small)
- A flashlight or headlamp